1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mounting Problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BenDroid, Feb 3, 2011.

1. BenDroid

BenDroid Well-Known Member

Just got my wife the Fascinate. She is in love with it. She wanted me to transfer music and other items from her old SD card on her Original Droid. I just copied everything to a PC and was just going to copy from there to the SF. I hooked the USB into the PC and there was notification that new hardware was found (like all other android devices I have used). There is no indication that the phone is hooked up to my PC other than the phone showing that it is charging. There is nothing in the notification bar when dragged down to mount the SD card.

I have read that there was an update that axed the usage of mass strorage on this phone. I am just wondering if, first, is there something I am missing? Second, if the mass storage is messed up, is there a way around it?

Thanks

Ben

UPDATE:

After troubleshooting it some more, I decided to just try a different USB cord. For some reason the one that came with the device didn't work, but a different one worked just fine.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews