• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

rfdong

Sep 30, 2010
trying to figure how this works. My son sent me a video taken on his ipod touch. sent it by imessage to my iphone (work) and also sent by email as an attachment. When I downloaded attachment from email on my android (moto x 4.4.4) it will not play which I understand as I need a third party vid player to play .mov files. BUT, if I take the imessage and forward it to my android, I can save the file and it shows in my gallery and will play? Can anyone explain this? I also can't find where it's saved in my gallary/albums but it shows in the app. thanks

trying to figure how this works. My son sent me a video taken on his ipod touch. sent it by imessage to my iphone (work) and also sent by email as an attachment. When I downloaded attachment from email on my android (moto x 4.4.4) it will not play which I understand as I need a third party vid player to play .mov files. BUT, if I take the imessage and forward it to my android, I can save the file and it shows in my gallery and will play? Can anyone explain this? I also can't find where it's saved in my gallary/albums but it shows in the app. thanks[/Q

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones