1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Mov-however; no sound

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dsav1020, Jun 5, 2011.

1. dsav1020

dsav1020 Lurker
    None

Jun 5, 2011
    Hello, my name is Debbie and I have a Verizon Ally. I am able to receive Mov's however; I can open them so I can watch them but, do not have sound. Is there an application that needs to be downloaded so I'm able to hear them? When I open the same thing on my computer I see and hear the video. These are little movies that are sent to me of my grandchildren thousands of miles away. I want to be able to hear them. Please help!!!

Advertisement

2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    Welcome to AF

You can try an app called rockplayer. I find it plays many different types of movie files and I have way less problems with it.

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Hello Debbie. Welcome to the Android Forums.

By "mov's" I am going to assume you mean video from an Apple device (.mov=QuickTime). I know I can't play quicktime movies natively on my phone, so I would guess that your media player can decode the video portion but not the audio.

However, if these are not quicktime videos, perhaps you just have your media volume set low. Media volume and ringer volume are different settings, so while playing one of the movies try your volume up button.