1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Move "emmc" file

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lotsip81, May 8, 2012.

1. lotsip81

lotsip81 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 25, 2012
    Is it safe to use Root Explorer and move the "emmc" file folder? Is this safe to do?

This is my first time not using a Sammy based rom and I just wanted to moved it to "external sd" file. When I was on a Sammy rom, that was where all the information was stored and now that file folder is empty. I like using the stock "My Files" app, but I can't see the "emmc" folder with this app, but I am able see where my old empty "external sd" file is.

Also, ever since I switched to Dragon 2.4, CWM doesn't see my backups, whether it be for delete option or the restore option. However, when I create a new backup, CMW still doesn't see it but it is actually on the external sd card. Not sure, but I think this pertains to where the data for these is now stored in a differently named folder.

One last thing, with all the Sammy roms, when I plugged my phone into my computer I saw the phone, and the external sd card separately. Now that i am on a AKOP, all I seem to be able to see is the internal card as my computer only sees 1 drive mounted.

Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    DO NOT attempt to move /emmc. At best you'll likely crash the OS, worst-case is fatal filesystem corruption requiring a complete wipe/reflash.

I haven't a clue about this particular ROM, but if it's an AOKP build then /emmc and /sdcard are the standard mount points for the storage volumes.

As to why only one is recognised, again I've no idea.

3. Kie

Kie Android Expert
    None

Oct 7, 2011
    Risk and Safety Engineer
    Perth, Australia
    Use CWM to mount your external sd card to the computer. Delete the clockworkmod folder from there. Now try making a nandroid backup and see if it's now created on the internal sd card.

As for the 'My Files' issue, on Dragon ICS there's an app called ES File Explorer. Initially it disables viewing the emmc folder, but once in the program, tap the left soft key and go to Settings. Scroll to the bottom and you'll see Root Explorer unticked. Tick that and Mount File System below it. Now go back to the main screen, tap on the 'Up' button and scroll to your emmc folder. You should be able to access it now...although this doesn't fix the PC issue.