• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Move protected apps top sd

well on a rooted phone you can move youtube to the data/app folder and if your using darktremors a2sd you can have all your data/app on the ext partition of the sd card.

Hey guys. I've been looking into Link2SD but I haven't had any time to mess with it. Doesn't that also need a linux partition on your SD card?

Since you seem to know about it, how does it affect your boot time and both overall system and app/launch performance?

What about the ins and outs of having the SD card in or out when you reboot?

Upvote 0
Hey guys. I've been looking into Link2SD but I haven't had any time to mess with it. Doesn't that also need a linux partition on your SD card?

Since you seem to know about it, how does it affect your boot time and both overall system and app/launch performance?

What about the ins and outs of having the SD card in or out when you reboot?
I only tried link to sd for a very very short time, I was not happy with it I could not tell you about most of those questions.

I do however use a2sd, not the same as app2sd from the market.
a2sd is by dark tremor it moves the entire data folder to the extended linux partition on the sd card. So yes you will need one.
Link2sd also uses a extended linux partition so that is one I can answer.
reboot time between none a2sd and having a2sd is very nearly the same, I also have a class 10 SD card it makes a difference. if you had a class 2 or 4 it may take it some extra time.
performance is where the a2sd really shines though, even better then link2sd apps are quick, fast card here though remember. And because they are on the sd there is more internal memory for system needs it can hold more in memory and such.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones