1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Move to an ICS ROM or stay on CheckROM?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Deleted User, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Hey all,

I'm running CheckROM V6 at the moment... I have been testing out AndyX, WanamLite & a CM9 nightly, and i have found I don't like AndyX at all, just not for me. CM9 is a nightly and I don't fancy running it as my daily driver, but I do like WanamLite (Blue themed).

I have 3 questions....

1) I can't decide... Shall I stay on CheckROM or move to WanamLite? What do you all reckon is the best thing to do?

2) Also... Are there any other good/popular ICS ROMs, either AOSP, TouchWiz, or themed TouchWiz with Apex Launcher or another custom ICS launcher? If so provide links?

3) Finally how far is CM9 off being stable and final build? Plus just so I know, CheckROM or a custom ICS ROM would be better than stock ICS that's flashed through ODIN right (Like LPQ or something)?

Thanks very much! :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Sword Fish

Sword Fish Android Enthusiast

This is a no brainer for me. I have tried many ICS builds and battery life is horrible. I will stay with CheckROM for now...

3. simes6600

simes6600 Well-Known Member

keep whats best for you, whatever performs to your needs. for me its checkrom, but the ICS roms are very slowly starting to improve, especially the custom kernels and AOKP roms.

4. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert

Patience is the key ;) stick to chr v6 till v7 'll be released...

5. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

Well I've gome back to Checkrom v6 after testing the latest (on Tuesday) Russian 4.0.3 release.

It was buggy, biggest one was Wi-Fi not switching back on if you switched it off. Some apps FC regularly, 'Co-Pilot' is essential for me it FC on exit. Other apps. didn't work properly. 'No Moar Powah' displayed, but the touch screen was inactive. The Kindle app opened then closed instantly as did 'Draw Something'.

I await a less buggy release. I hear from others on this forum GB was terribly buggy when first released, it appears ICS is the same.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

When is CheckROM V7 due? Will it be a standard stock Samsung ICS ROM (Like their official one available through Kies?)

7. glore2002

glore2002 Well-Known Member

Hello!

So Are you moving to ICS or not?

If so, please let me know the steps I should follow to upgrade my ROM. Now I have Checkrom v6 and Siyah 2.6.14.

Thanks in advance.-

glore2002.-

8. Logan47

Logan47 Android Enthusiast

Can't imagine seeing gingerbread again after so many good ics and cm9 based roms I've tried. I average over 5 hours screen on time with abyss kernel so battery life is not a problem for me. I'm a moderate user mostly. Logical thing to do is try one and see if it suits you as you can always. Switch back if it does not meet your needs.

9. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert

Patience is a key.. Wait another week or two as checkrom v7 will be out. I'm not moving to ICS till v7 will show up...

Deleted User likes this.
  10. glore2002

glore2002 Well-Known Member

I will follow your advice. Thank you very much! Please, when it shows up let me know and tell me how to install it.

Thanks again my friend. I appreciate your help.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews