1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Move to SD broken after restoring with DL mode?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by emkeene, Oct 11, 2014.

1. emkeene

emkeene Newbie

So I restored my phone back to zv3 to gain root after taking the zv4 update... and now none of my apps will move to sd card using the native button. It is simply grayed out for all apps, even the apps that it used to be available for before I downgraded. Strange... also the built in menu for Wi-Fi/Bluetooth tethering has disappeared, even after flashing the zv4 stock Rom. Any insight fellows?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. emkeene

emkeene Newbie

Also, my carrier now reads as LG. Any idea how to change this back to read Virgin Mobile? I've tried editing eri.xml but it didn't appear to be stored there, in that file it reads Sprint.

3. Sands207

Sands207 Android Enthusiast

Using the Xposed mod sdhandlerfix worked for me. It's because our SD has to be made to read/write again after a fresh install/upgrade.. I suspect right now yours is read only. Or alternatively check out SDfix:KitKat Writable MicroSD in the playstore. I've had luck with that as well... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sdfix&hl=en I rebooted for good measure after running Sdfix

4. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

It reads LG because what you installed is a non-carrier specific ROM. All of our phones say that. You should've also lost the VM boot animation. It shouldn't hurt anything. I don't know how, or if it can be changed.

5. emkeene

emkeene Newbie

No go on both of those... Move to SD Card is still grayed out XD

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews