• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Move2SD Enabler, FroYo 2.21 and Velocity v1.0 Question

netizenmt

Android Enthusiast
Oct 3, 2010
Mansfield, OH
I can't seem to get a definitive answer to this, and didn't want to pollute the main Velocity V1.0 thread with the question, so I will ask it here.

If you are using Velocity V1.0 and its Apps2SD with Move2SD Enabler, how should the SD Card be configured, and how does Apps2SD need to be configured in the Velocity command in terminal?

In other words, does the card have to be partitioned with an ext partition or not? And do you choose option (2) Apps to SD Card or option (3) Auto in terminal?

Currently, I have my Velocity configured as Auto for Apps2sd and no ext partition and everything seems to be working right.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I can't seem to get a definitive answer to this, and didn't want to pollute the main Velocity V1.0 thread with the question, so I will ask it here.

If you are using Velocity V1.0 and its Apps2SD with Move2SD Enabler, how should the SD Card be configured, and how does Apps2SD need to be configured in the Velocity command in terminal?

In other words, does the card have to be partitioned with an ext partition or not? And do you choose option (2) Apps to SD Card or option (3) Auto in terminal?

Currently, I have my Velocity configured as Auto for Apps2sd and no ext partition and everything seems to be working right.

Froyo app2sd uses an encryped folder to store apps, doesnt use an ext partition

Upvote 0

Apps2sd enabler requires an ext partition. Froyo apps2sd does not.

Upvote 0

If im correct the script in velocity does the same exact thing that move2sd enabler does. (it originialy had to be done with adb can provide link if needed.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones