1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root moved file on phone and now...nothing.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rakych, Jan 7, 2013.

1. rakych

rakych Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2013
    Ok, I rooted my EVO4G and installed ES file explorer to see if I can remove some files because I was running out of internal memory. In doing this, I moved or deleted some files I should not have and now I get errors such as process.acore.. gapps, ect.. cannot view contact, ect. I did not back up the system before I started doing this. Yeah, straight fubar. I have read threads about the issue being with the synching of contact, but those did not fix the issue. If I flash the room with something else, will this fix the issues I am having with the phone? I tried running a restore, but no change on the apps connecting. Is flashing another rom the only answer. I liked the OS that was on it, but will change it for the phone to work.

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    welcome to the forums!!!!!!
    did you make a nandroid backup? if so you can restore back to it.

otherwise yes you will need to flash the rom again. however this time you can just wipe dalvik cache and cache and flash the rom. you do not need to wipe anything else. this way your data and settings will not get wiped and it will return the files you just deleted.

this is why getting titanium backup and the pro key is important. if you are not sure what you can and cannot delete, you can just freeze it first. if you get no issues then you can delete it later. or you can unfreeze it, if it does create issues.

tube517 and Mikestony like this.
Tags: