1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Moved iTunes library to SD card, no apps can see my music

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by YMark, Aug 10, 2016.

1. YMark

YMark Member
    None

Aug 1, 2010
    Software Engineer
    Phoenix
    Coming from an iPhone, pardon my ignorance. I loaded my SD card with my iTunes music by copying from iTunes library on my Mac to my SD card via "Android File Transfer" on my Mac. Now, none of my music playing apps can see my music. This includes Google Play, Samsung's player, and Amazon Prime's player.

Do I need to install a different app? Any trick I'm missing?

Thanks
    Mark

Advertisement

2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Android Expert

Dec 31, 2011
    Male
    Boston MA USA
    Here are some helpful tips about transferring iTunes to your Android device. I believe double Twist is the app that has the best potential.

3. YMark

YMark Member
    None

Aug 1, 2010
    Software Engineer
    Phoenix
    Looks like Double Twist has an issue with Samsung and Marshmallow.

Be aware that this app, which has been AWESOME on Android 4 & 5, does not yet support storage on the SD card with Android 6 (Marshmallow) at least on a Samsung phone. Hopefully the vendor will update the APIs as other apps still support storage on the SD card with 6.0.1 Until then I don't have enough memory to hold my usual song library :-( I know they are trying to push folks to the cloud player, but that app doesn't work as well for some and I've already paid for prem on this app. Please Fix the SD card storage!!

dontpanicbobby likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.