1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Movie and $25

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CrackBaby, Aug 16, 2012.

1. CrackBaby

CrackBaby Android Enthusiast

I am trying to sell a never-opened Nexus 7 and a potential buyer asked me if the Transformers movie is on the tablet, along with the other extras. (He is U.S. buyer.) I've been looking for an answer to this and am not sure, actually. I found one thread (No 25 dollar credit - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com) that said that there is an expiration date for the $25. Can anyone confirm/deny? What about the Transformers movie, does that only come after you get the $25 credit? I don't even remember! :eek:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Android Expert

If it was never opened and registered, the buyer should still have the Transformers movie. It is linked to the Google account to which the tablet is first registered to if I'm not mistaken.

However, if bought from Google, chances are it came pre-registered to you (mine did), so in that case the answer would be no to the $25 as well as the movie, magazines, etc.

3. CrackBaby

Thanks!
    I did order these from Google but am fairly sure they are not registered to me.
    I have sold a couple of tablets in the past few days, so what I did was send a message to a previous buyer asking whether the movie was loaded/showing up.

4. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Android Expert

Sounds like a plan.

5. MOG_22

MOG_22 Newbie

The movie doesn't come pre-loaded, but once you set up or add a google account, the user will have access to the movie in the Play store. They can then either stream it or download it to the Nexus 7.

6. CrackBaby

Thanks!
    The buyer wrote back to say they didn't get either the movie or the $25 credit. :( I wrote back to them giving instructions on how to get both, and am waiting to hear if that worked.