1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Movie picture/sound sync issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by turbohobbit, Aug 18, 2011.

1. turbohobbit

turbohobbit Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 2, 2010
    England
    I've ripped a bunch of movies from DVD to my Transformer using the Aurora ripping programme, using Xoom settings, and it's worked just fine with picture and sound syncing pretty much spot on.

I recently upgraded the unit firmware to 3.2

Last weekend ripped a few DVDs in the usual manner (I didn't change a thing in Aurora) and uploaded the TV shows to my Transformer. Whenever I play them now, though, the picture/sound synching is off by over a second (I hear the sound then see the picture). This is regardless of whether or not I view via Mobo or the generic media player.

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this, if it was as a result of the firmware upgrade, and / or what I can do to fix it...? I hate it when tech doesn't work properly and given the chipset on board the Tranny I see no reason why these issues should exist! :mad:

Advertisement

2. turbohobbit

turbohobbit Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 2, 2010
    England
    Any updated ideas on this folks? Thinking of trying Foxreal as an alternative ripper as it has a specific Asus Transformer setting, and things have been WAY problematic since up upgraded to 3.2 but kept using the Xoom settings in Aurora. Think that'll help?

3. rmp5s

rmp5s Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 6, 2010
    I have noticed this issue before while playing things. I use MX Player or whatever it's called (plays EVERYTHING!! EVEN .VOB FILES!!) and usually after 45 min to an hr of play, things will get a bit out of whack. I found a very easy fix for this though: I just change the decoding settings. There are 3 methods of decoding in MX, hardware (not supported), software and software-fast (???) and I usually use the software setting. If I notice things getting out of whack a little, I just switch from one to the other real quick, then put it back and it's good to go again. A little ghetto I know but meh...it works.