1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

movies/dvd to phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by J_Hansen, Dec 17, 2012.

1. J_Hansen

J_Hansen Well-Known Member

Anyone have a tip for an easy way to get movies/dvds on to the phone, I tried but got a message that my device did not support whatever format the dvd was in

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DagMiller

DagMiller Member

There numerous bits of software out there that will convert a DVD into either an MP4, AVI or MKV file. It's really all down to personal preference.

Myself I'm a bit old school as I've been ripping and watching on a "small device" since my HP iPaq using a combination of DVD Decrypter and AutoGK both completely free.

This article lists a number of DVD video converter software. Some free, some pretending to be free and some that charge. You'll probably find you'll have to experiment a few times.

As for software on your phone to watch with my preference is MoboPlayer this seems to handle most formats without complaint.

PiscesCloud likes this.
  3. T.M.M.L

T.M.M.L Android Enthusiast

Greetings hansen,

I use handbrake to convert my videos. Its free on the net.

I use mobo sometimes, but have turned to MX player as of late. It seems to play files that mobo has trouble with.

4. SupperDroid

SupperDroid Member

5. J_Hansen

J_Hansen Well-Known Member

that one doesn't seem to work for me either :thinking:

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews