• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

movies from pc to hero question.

sorry guys !
i know this is gonna sound like groundhog day but stay with me for one short while????
i got a hero and want to put a movie on it from my pc.
iv looked all over the place and cant find a step by step guide to doing it,
its easy !! they all scream! just rip the disc to pc convert to mp4 and drag over to your phone folder!!!
WHAT POXY FOLDER ? HOW ? WHERE ? i sync my phone ,iv read the phone manual, i cant find a folder to put it in to! im not even sure i know what a folder is!!

i have a itunes account for my ipod touch its so easy even i can do it so why is my new (apparently better than the iphone )android phone so not straight forward ?
you think there would be a site that runs similar to itunes for this android system.
you know like plug the phone in to your pc and a option is there to go to the android home page ,get your widgets and movies ect....
sorry for the rant but im thinking i should have got the poxy iphone now.
many thanks,Dave.

sounds like you have falling into the dreaded Icantdoitmyselfism... this happens to a lot of people coming from the closed platform that starts with the letter I.

But let me be first to congratulate you on your freedom!!!

so to help you out go here Sync Android, PSP, BlackBerry, Pre: doubleTwist with Amazon MP3
or you can learn that all you really need is to download handbrake. then convert your videos as shown in another thread here, and then upload the video to the phone's SD card. It doesn't matter what directory as the phones media player will find it. I personally put mine in videos... and yes it is that simple, but more so it is that FREE!!!!!!

Upvote 0
SWEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Took me ages to work out but in the end after fiddling with bits i should leave alone i got it to work just as you said. thanks !!!! top man.
had to download dvd43 to getrid of the macro which now just sits in the corner with a grin on its face. then all worked well.
picture quality was a bit low but thats because i havent worked out the correct settings for a hero.
there are presets for ipod but not hero.
again ,many thanks mate.

Upvote 0
What format and rez should they be, my htc hero will not play any of my mp4 files and I thought it was compatible with android and the hero. I have a lot of video to convert, and want it to be easy, but it really is a pain in the ass trying to get the right settings, it frame rate, rez, format etc etc, what about audio? What rate should audio be, what is the highest it will take?

yes i used to have the Iphone and , well, yes, it just worked. I did not have to. lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones