• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Movies on X

Hmph.. when I select the source tabe, it drops down and locks up on me. 8(

EDIT: It looks like it just takes a while to open! I'll see how large Ghostbusters is at 1000 kbps compared with the downloaded avi file.

Is there a way to boost volume level with handbrake?

There's that dynamic range compression slider in the audio tab, but tbh, I don't really know how to use it.

This would be greatly appreciated :D

It's nothing special, but I posted it a couple of post above this one.

Upvote 0
I just edited and added again.

Also, do you save as mp4, or mkv?

Thanks much for the tip! It looks like a hour long 720p mkv will take 18 minutes to convert properly for the dx.

EDIT: Rockplayer will only play the mkv format from handbrake. Time to re encode! Looks like a full movie (Ghostbusters as a test) takes about 45 minutes to optimise for the DX.

Upvote 0
Ok, optimised ghostbusters 720p for the droidx resolution, and it was about 900 meg. Well within the 2 gig file size limit, but much larger then I'd prefer.

I'm going to see what other re encoding options are available, since handbrake can't increase audio volume.

(Ghostbusters sounds MUCH better at 900% volume, compared with it's original audio volume. Too low to listen to without a headset in a reasonably populated area.)

Upvote 0
I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong with Hand Brake.

The DVD/Video Source is 720x480, I have it set to that, and the FPS is set to same as source.

The video keeps coming out choppy and pixilated....

Is it me? All my settings are the same as the Hand Brake Droid X guide.

The only thing that is different is the aspect ratio. Its set to the 720x480. But I can't make it any higher without checking "Keep aspect ratio".

There's gotta be an easier way to just pop in a dvd, and hit convert...

Upvote 0
I'm having no luck at all with Handbrake at the moment. The audio gets totally messed up and WAY out of sync. Of course my test media is downloaded Apple Quicktime movie trailers which could be a mistake. On the other hand Quicktime Pro 7 on Snow Leopard works almost perfectly every time on the same files. It's just not as user friendly to set up. I also find scrubbing through these 2 or 3 minute files to be painful if it works at all. I hate to imagine a 100 minute movie. I have tried various players.

Upvote 0
Handbrake with the ipod profile is a great starting point.

Handbrake's alright but it doesn't take advantage of the GPU for encoding. (faster encodes) I use a program that does but I'm at work right now and can't remember the name of it.

I think it's DVD Fab. But yes I paid for it. I used it to rip all my dvd's to the hard drive and it worked fine. I had mixed results with super and other free programs. usually with video and audio sync.

Upvote 0
Handbrake's alright but it doesn't take advantage of the GPU for encoding. (faster encodes) I use a program that does but I'm at work right now and can't remember the name of it.

I think it's DVD Fab. But yes I paid for it. I used it to rip all my dvd's to the hard drive and it worked fine. I had mixed results with super and other free programs. usually with video and audio sync.

Yeah, good luck finding a Mac transcoder that uses GPU :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones