• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Movies: Simplify Your Date Night

I'm a huge movie buff. Majority of the knowledge stored in my brain pertains to movies one way or another. No, I'm not a lazy couch potato, well. . .I used to be. Anyway, the Movies app by Flixter allows for easy access to movie news, show-times, reviews, trailers, directions, nearest box office, and upcoming release dates. With the incorporation of Google Maps you can easily find directions and contact information. Along with Google Maps, Flixter has also combined the app with Yelp for finding restaurants nearby to maximize you date or get-together with friends. As an added bonus, there is the integration of the website Rotten Tomatoes for critic feed back on the movies you wish to see. All in all, I find this the best movie app on the market and it's completely free. If your like me you will want to add this to your list of apps.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones