• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MovieTube [app]

sorry but just noticed (im pretty sure this is the app causing it) it adds not' bar ads and shortcuts to homescreen.

to me its worth it, JB allows you to block the not' bar ads and the homescreen shortcuts are a simple flick away.

ps, anyone know of an app/widgddt that allows one touch toggling of disabled or even frozen (root) apps?

if not its another sweet lil app idea ive given away coz i havent found a fellow geek but without ADHD to be my pardner lol :p

Upvote 0
any1 discovered this outstanding app yet?
if not, thank me later :)
just watched Brave with the mrs in 720p (theres a lot in 1080p)
its basicly a full length movie browser for youtube.
duno how the uploaders get away with it but its in play store so im guessin its legal.
enjoy :beer:

The site's in Kiev, Ukraine. I think the RIAA and MPAA are not happy about it, but there's not a lot they can do about it, because they're not in the United States. Rather like with all those long established Russian MP3 sites, they're legal in their respective countries AFAIK.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Oh yeah this app movie tube, I use it all the time. Push notifactions aren't that big of a deal. The app is legal compared to you know tubemate which isn't cause of the copyright laws. Tip for movie tube is when you see movie you like and want to save it, click on it and add it to you're YouTube watch later list then go back into movie tube and add as many as you like.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
The site's in Kiev, Ukraine. I think the RIAA and MPAA are not happy about it, but there's not a lot they can do about it, because they're not in the United States. Rather like with all those long established Russian MP3 sites, they're legal in their respective countries AFAIK.
The legal tactics of RIAA and MPAA: when they can't go after the developers or providers in some foreign countries, then they may come after YOU, the users, by getting traffic information from your cell phone service providers or possibly even YouTube.

Be forewarned.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
The legal tactics of RIAA and MPAA: when they can't go after the developers or providers in some foreign countries, then they may come after YOU, the users, by getting traffic information from your cell phone service providers or possibly even YouTube.

Be forewarned.

Yup. And they can get the ISPs to block and censor services they might think are illegal as well. It's already happened in the EU.

BTW the Ukrainian MovieTube app works just fine in China, unlike Netflix(US only) or YouTube(censored/illegal in PRC).

Upvote 0

Be forewarned.

we're streaming the content. never own it. id say it would be the uploaders breakin the law :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones