• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moving ALL apps to SD (Without Rooting)

lk_2012

Lurker
Sep 10, 2012
Hi Guys

I have a Sonic U8650 running 2.3.3. I am trying to find a way to move all the apps to SD card because I can't update anything as there is no phone memory left. I found an article on how to move apps without rooting from this webiste: Flavah News| Move Immovable Apps to SD Card!

I also followed the following steps:

* Download Android SDK & Java
* Make sure Google USB driver is installed on SDK
* Download & install HUAWEI Android Phones USB Driver from Huawei support
* Make sure USB debugging mode is on
* Dial *#*#2846579#*#* > ProjectMenu > Background Setting > USB Port setting > Manufacture mode (recommended by another forum). I also tried with the standard mode (without dialing above code) as well.
* Turn storage mode on. (I tried with storage mode off as well)

My problem is that when I run command adb devices to detect the phone, it doesn't actually detect the phone. Has anyone tried to do this? I'm getting pretty desperate to find a solution so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones