• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moving ALL apps to the sd card

tinytot2

Lurker
Jun 2, 2011
Hi all!

Newbie question here. Does rooting allow ALL apps to be moved to the sd card?

I want to switch from my Samsung Epic to the Express (Huawei M650) from Sprint. I know the Epic is far times better than the M650, but I like the physical phone design and hard keys much more appealing.

The internal storage on the M650 is so small that I maxed it out 1 day after getting it (I am not a mega user either).

I am hoping that my problems will be solved if I root the phone.

On my Ascend, CM7 has Dark Tremors A2SD built in, which allows ALL apps to go to the sd card, even ones not designed for it, by tricking then into thinking they are on the phone. It even allows you to move the Dalvik cache to the sd card. Apps like Link2SD will also do this, but doesn't move quite as much data to the sd. Rooting your phone, partitioning the sd card, and using Link2sd will free up tons of space in internal memory.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones