• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

moving apps from hero to nexus s help?

edread

Feb 8, 2010
I had an htc hero and there are a few apps that are no longer available on the market that I had saved using appmonster free. I know have a sprint nexus s and am trying to move the apps from the hero to the nexus s but when just pulling them using a pc from the hero to the nexus appmonster folder, they don't show up when I look in the phone. What is the easiest way to get the apps from the hero to the nexus because I can't find them using the method I'm doing. Thanks a lot for all your help, I really want my bitblocks back! lol

Update: I found the icons of the apps I wanted in the picture gallery, but clearly they're not executable so still stumped...
On hero found them under backup and copy them onto appmonster on Nexus S then open astro and found them and installed.

ok, so I've downloaded astro but how do I actually go about doing it? Sorry, but I'm a complete noob! I have no idea how to generate files or where I'd even find the /mnt/sdcard/backup cause I don't see that when I open the nexus on my pc. Is there any way you could help me more? Thanks so much for your help so far and hoping you're having a great holiday!

Upvote 0
I left something important to your imagination maybe. You want ASTRO on Hero.

In ASTRO, Menu, Tools, Application Manager/Backup. Select apps you want to port and then tap Backup, upper left screen.

Following this, corresponding .apk files will be found in /mnt/sdcard/backup directory.

Once there, transfer to NS and open on NS.

You can transfer as you have been (usb). On NS, you can place anywhere on /mnt/sdcard.

Any and all additional questions welcomed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones