1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

moving apps from hero to nexus s help?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by edread, Jul 4, 2011.

1. edread

edread Newbie
    None

Feb 8, 2010
    I had an htc hero and there are a few apps that are no longer available on the market that I had saved using appmonster free. I know have a sprint nexus s and am trying to move the apps from the hero to the nexus s but when just pulling them using a pc from the hero to the nexus appmonster folder, they don't show up when I look in the phone. What is the easiest way to get the apps from the hero to the nexus because I can't find them using the method I'm doing. Thanks a lot for all your help, I really want my bitblocks back! lol

Update: I found the icons of the apps I wanted in the picture gallery, but clearly they're not executable so still stumped...
    On hero found them under backup and copy them onto appmonster on Nexus S then open astro and found them and installed.

Advertisement

2. gadzooks

gadzooks Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    bits & bytes
    left coast USA
    You need apps' .apk files, which for the most part are stored in a directory that we don't have access to if we're not rooted. But ...

Using an application backup app, like ASTRO, Quick System Info, and others, you can generate .apk files stored in directories we do have access to, like /mnt/sdcard/backup.

3. edread

edread Newbie
    None

Feb 8, 2010
    ok, so I've downloaded astro but how do I actually go about doing it? Sorry, but I'm a complete noob! I have no idea how to generate files or where I'd even find the /mnt/sdcard/backup cause I don't see that when I open the nexus on my pc. Is there any way you could help me more? Thanks so much for your help so far and hoping you're having a great holiday!

4. gadzooks

None

Jan 16, 2010
    bits & bytes
    left coast USA
    I left something important to your imagination maybe. You want ASTRO on Hero.

In ASTRO, Menu, Tools, Application Manager/Backup. Select apps you want to port and then tap Backup, upper left screen.

Following this, corresponding .apk files will be found in /mnt/sdcard/backup directory.

Once there, transfer to NS and open on NS.

You can transfer as you have been (usb). On NS, you can place anywhere on /mnt/sdcard.

Any and all additional questions welcomed.

5. edread

edread Newbie
    None

Feb 8, 2010
    Thank you so much!!! I feel like a genius, what with all your brains and help of course! lol Thanks again.

6. gadzooks

None

Jan 16, 2010
    bits & bytes
    left coast USA
    My pleasure. Lots more curiosity than genius here. You did a great job following the bread crumbs to reach your destination.

Tags: