• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moving Apps to new phone

Cadamus

Dec 19, 2009
Just a quick question before I start buying apps... If I purchase an app with my current phone, and then I upgrade to a different phone in a few months, is there a way to take the apps with me? I have searched and can't find anything definitive. The ideal thing is if Google is storing my application history with my Google account somewhere, but I don't see where it would be. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Just to resurrect an older thread as it's linked (in a way) to my question, the paid apps good to know its linked to your google account, so can easily download them again, but what about game data? Things like what level you're at, your score, and user info - that won't be linked will it to the google account, so when you launch it on the new handset, it won't know what level etc you're at? Would that be stored locally on the phone/SD card and can you move that? (specifically, I'm on HTC Desire now, and probably will upgrade to the HTC Desire HD when my contract pops up for renewal next month).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones