1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Moving apps to SD card doesn't seem to solve internal memory problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Deleted User, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Obviously I suffer from the same problems as every other Wildfire S owner out there, low internal memory. My question is, the seemingly common solution of transferring an app to the SD card doesn't seem to solve anything. If I take a 2MB application from my internal memory to my SD card, it still shows up in my internal memory as taking up the exact same amount of space. Only when I uninstall is that space finally freed up.

I have no idea whatsoever where my 150 MB for apps is going. The biggest contributor to my internal memory woes is my contacts at 30 MB. The next biggest one is dialer storage at 7.68 MB. Right now I have 11 MB free with less than 10 MB of apps installed. Just what is using up all my space and what do I do?

Rooting my phone seems quite risky as I have no experience. I have tried the advice of the thread that shows how to install apps directly to the SD Card, but most apps still won't download because of insufficient memory. And of course my aformentioned problem, that putting apps in the SD card doesn't help my internal memory. Can anyone help?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Android Expert

Try going through all the apps and deleting their cache.

3. jazzytime

jazzytime Lurker

Yes I have this same problem. I have ran the sdk-tools and moved all the apps than can be moved and I still only have 8mb free. Facebook says it is using about 6.5 but that one cannot be moved.

Google books is taking another 6 but I dont even know what that is nor have I ever used it but it cannot be deleted. How are some of you having up to 50mb free???

Is there something I am missing?

4. Caro332

Caro332 Android Expert

If a big amount is taken from contacts, its usually because your contacts are linked /sync with Facebook. If you remove that, some space will be freed

HTC Wildfire S Forum

The HTC Wildfire S release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews