• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moving apps to sd card

hatv1

Jul 4, 2015
Hello. I have a LG optimjs F3 from sprint (LS720) and its plan is currently canceled. It only has about 1.2 gigabytes of room. I would like to move my apps to my SD card, but I don't really have access to a computer. Can someone please give me a easy to follow step by step procedure on how to root then move my apps? Or a step by step procedure on how to install a ROM that would allow me to allow me to move my apps? Thanks!

What he said.
There's a Root section for the phone right here, all the info to root your phone is in there.
However from what you've posted I don't see it being a good option for you, the two main reasons being you don't have a PC available and your knowledge of the subject appears to be zero. Both are important for a successful root process.
You'd also need a PC to properly format an SD card to use with Link2SD. It can be done on the phone but I don't recommend it.
Also while Link2SD is a viable solution (I used it on my F3), it's not perfect and there can be issues when using it. It's far from "hands-off".
So given the above plus the fact that this phone is now rather long in the tooth, your best bet is really to replace it with something newer that has more storage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones