• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moving apps to SD w/o root

Relayer1975

Feb 20, 2011
Hey all, I tried WilliamJ1's thread for noobs about how to make your phone install apps to the sd card even if they're not configured that way. His was for the Desire.

Everything he described in the cmd process went off without errors, exactly as he laid it out. Problem is, it doesn't seem to have done anything. I can't move the apps over, and new apps still install in the memory. Can this be done on an Optimus S? I really don't want to root the phone, as I just got it.

Thanks.

J

Hey all, I tried WilliamJ1's thread for noobs about how to make your phone install apps to the sd card even if they're not configured that way. His was for the Desire.

Everything he described in the cmd process went off without errors, exactly as he laid it out. Problem is, it doesn't seem to have done anything. I can't move the apps over, and new apps still install in the memory. Can this be done on an Optimus S? I really don't want to root the phone, as I just got it.

Thanks.

J

Without rooting there is not much you can do. Just go into each app and see if it will let you send it to SD or not. Some do some don't. That is just the way it is. I have not rooted my phone nor do I intend to either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones