1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Moving Apps to the SD Card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mntom, Dec 21, 2013.

1. mntom

mntom Member
    None

Mar 20, 2011
    Now that we have the capability to move Apps to the SD card with the 4.3 update, are there any apps that SHOULD NOT be moved and should be left on the phone, even if moving is available? I thought I'd move a bunch of stuff, but maybe there are some things that should not be moved. Is there criteria for moving/not moving?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. hsb50

hsb50 Lurker
    None

Nov 1, 2012
    Sorry for the interruption & this noob question but I still dont know what 'Apps to SD card' actually does ?Does it move apk or installation file or only the App ?

3. eng_samy

eng_samy Newbie
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    In basic..applications need to sync automatically or boot with startup need to be on the phone..also applications need high speed processing should be on phone because sd card is much slower

mntom likes this.
  4. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Android Expert
    None

Mar 9, 2012
    Mostly games, multimedia and data should be on the SD card. Apps tied to widgets (weather, calendar, etc) being used should be kept in internal storage. Diagnostic monitors should be kept in internal storage. Or at least for me.

Also depends on the app and dev. There are some apps that could be large (~1GB) but only move 50MB to SD card. Only because the dev doesn't fully support the move to SD function. While others will transfer the majority of it's data to SD. So it will vary dependent on what the dev does with their apps.

mntom likes this.
  5. mumfoau

mumfoau Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 4, 2010
    Male
    Manufacturing Engineer
    It seems the majority of my downloaded apps go to the sd card by default... I don't know how I feel about that actually