1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Moving backed up data to 2.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by elrond hubbard, Mar 24, 2011.

1. elrond hubbard

None

Mar 24, 2011
    So, i connected via usb / mass storage, backed up everything that i could get to, excluding my own media. Then i updated with kies to 2.2, and eventually did a factory reset to try and clean up some wierd behavior... everything is good now except:

1) i see my internet shortcuts that i backed up, on my pc harddrive... but, now that i have the phone hooked up again via usb / mass storage, i of course see the phone's file system but i cannot find where internet shortcuts are so that i can dump my backed up ones in there too.... where are they hiding? i have added one shortcut and there was a default one there too so i would think id see them on the phone somewhere... i dont! on 2.1 they were in a top level folder called .estrongs - i can dump the whole folder on there but i want to put them with the new ones (where i have folders created now) - though they prob wont work now if i just dump them on (the backed up ones)...
    2) are my 'memos' hiding somewhere in the backed up directories on my pc? these are the only items/files that i have not been able to locate on the phone (pre-2.2).

THANKS!

Advertisement

2. LukeOlson

LukeOlson Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Software Engineer
    If all you backed up was the internal SD (over USB connection), then no. Sadly enough, the memos are not stored on the SD card.