1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

moving downloaded tunes

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by jfolliard, Apr 19, 2012.

1. jfolliard

jfolliard Member

newbie here: Moto Razr - I just purchased my first song and downloaded it to my device. I would like to send it to my computer and laptop so I can play it on those devices as well, but am totally lost as to how to do that?

Thanks.

Jack

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

Hook up your phone to a computer and enable disk mode (or something similar to that, I don't remember what Motorola calls it - but it makes your phone look like a USB drive) then find the file and copy it.

3. woodsb123

woodsb123 Well-Known Member

Hey Jack, you didn't mention whether or not you have the newer Moto Razr(I'm assuming you do), also you didn't mention where you downloaded the music file from, so I'm going to assume also that you purchased it from Google Play(formerly the Android Market). If you purchased it from Google Play, then it's already available on any android device or computer that has web access. What you would need to do is log onto google play by going to - https://play.google.com/ and then once there you would select the "My Music" link. You should see your purchased song there and would be able to play it right away. Again, this is all assuming that you purchased the song from the Google Play(Play Store) app. If not, the previous method mentioned should also work. If you are going to be purchasing music/apps/games, etc. for your phone, the best thing to do is purchase them this way, so that they would all automatically show up on all of your android devices as well as being accessible from your computers. You got to love Android/Google!!!!!

4. jfolliard

jfolliard Member

thanks. yes, bought the Razr from verizon not long ago. I downloaded using the supplied app My Music. It suggests tunes you might want to buy and I did so it wasn't google play. It has a Music Store button.

Anyway, I just thought there would be an easier way to transfer d/led tunes from the RAzr to my computer - email? share? etc.

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

You can sync your phone's music files to you PC via programs like WinAmp. Also if you can find the file iself via a file manager, you can long press it and share it to email or bluetooth, or as previously suggested, connect the phone to a PC and search for the file itself.