1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General moving files

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cary chilton, Jun 5, 2011.

1. cary chilton

cary chilton Newbie
    None

Jun 5, 2011
    Hello I am new here. I just bought my Xperia Play and I like it a lot.

I understand that with the Xperia Play, widgets need to be saved on the main phone memory. I dowloaded things like piano. Downloaded 3 of them. Only one of the piano programs saved to my SD card. The others are on my main phone memory. I went to Settings/Storage/piano and the move to SD was not selectable.

Now I highly doubt piano and fauxlight use live streams (use for spam ads?). Is there a work-around to moving these simple, small programs to SD or is it trial and error per download to see which can are save to SD memory ?

Advertisement

2. kejlyCZ

kejlyCZ Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 6, 2010
    Male
    occupied
    Planet Earth
    Welcome to the Android forums!
    Allowing installation to sdcard is application developer's decision and not all allowed this. I think there's no way how to see this option before you install it. There are ways how to move all apps to sdcard on rooted phones. Anyway, if you move the applicaton to sdcard, it will behave like in main memory (showing ads). Ads can be disabled (again only on rooted phones) with "AdFree Android". Or if the app runs in background and downloads data, you can kill it in Settings or use some taskmanager ("Android System Info" or search for taskmanager on Market).

cary chilton likes this.