• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Moving from Old Root to New Root?

Hey all, I've been super busy lately so I haven't had time to dive into the new updates for my X. I Rooted my phone originally using the 1 click method and I am running Flyx and the leaked Froyo.

My questions are:

Should I move to "upgrade" to the new stuff?
Is there a special way to go from the "Old" Root to the "New" Root?
What is the best "New" Root way? (Thinking of using this: One Click Droid X Froyo ROOOOT GUI! - Droid X Rooting - AllDroid Public Board - One Click Droid X Froyo ROOOOT GUI! - Droid X Rooting - AllDroid Public Board - AllDroid.org > Home)
Any detailed instructions and/or links would be greatly appreciated, as I am a bit out of the loop for now.

Thanks in advance :)

oh yeah. To go from a rooted leaked 2.2 (2.3.9 (13) (15)) you need to SBF to go back to stock 2.1 then you can poll the servers for an update in the system updates in settings. Then just use the super-one-click root to gain back root access. Same process to root if you were to use ADB though. You just cant go from leaked straight to OTA

Upvote 0
oh yeah. To go from a rooted leaked 2.2 (2.3.9 (13) (15)) you need to SBF to go back to stock 2.1 then you can poll the servers for an update in the system updates in settings. Then just use the super-one-click root to gain back root access. Same process to root if you were to use ADB though. You just cant go from leaked straight to OTA

NO NO
Just flash the 2.2 SBF and your there. You don't have to worry about going back to anything any more. Once there I used the one-click root that works with (almost) all phones

Reactions: Aggie12
Upvote 0
I too have been contemplating switching root methods because when I rooted I did it the original, LONG, drawn out way. Now I understand there is a root available that you can one click to unroot as well. That would be incentive enough for me, because as it stands right now I have no idea how to unroot if I needed to.

So going along with the original question, how would I unroot my current method so that I could root with the one-click method and have unroot available to me whenever I wanted/needed to? Or is it completely unnecessary to do so?

Upvote 0
I too have been contemplating switching root methods because when I rooted I did it the original, LONG, drawn out way. Now I understand there is a root available that you can one click to unroot as well. That would be incentive enough for me, because as it stands right now I have no idea how to unroot if I needed to.

So going along with the original question, how would I unroot my current method so that I could root with the one-click method and have unroot available to me whenever I wanted/needed to? Or is it completely unnecessary to do so?

this!

Upvote 0

not too sure if there is a way to unroot the easy way from the original way you rooted your phone. Usually, the one click roots have one click unroot options as well. My advice would be to flash to leaked 2.2 sbf and start fresh through bootloader. You don't need root to do this you can just dl the .sbf file from Home as well as RSD lite v4.8 and boot ur phone up through bootloader (hold and press the red camera button, volume down button, and power button all in sequential order). You can reroot using an easy root program from here.
Cheers,
E

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones