1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Moving Gallery to external microsd

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Android Question

I wouldn like to move all of my Gallery bucket to my external microSD. I have went to My Files, DCIM, Camera, but do not see the 988 pictures that I have taken. My camera setting was set to save my taking pictures to my phone memory because I did not realize it was on that setting. Now I am unable to figure out how to move my gallery pictures to my external hard drive.I do know that I can hook your phone up to my computer however this seems to be difficult because my computer does not want to recognize my phonein order to transfer my data to my computer. I have a samsung galaxy s3, with the latest software, and everything home app. If someone can help me I would much appreciate it. Thank you

Advertisement

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert

If you get the free app, File Manager from Play it has a search function. Simply open File Manager, tap the binocular icon then on the next screen, under File Type, select Image and tap Search.

You will then get a list of all of the images on your phone with their path under the filename. Should then be pretty obvious where you need to look to find your photos :D

Haven't tried, but you might be able to move the files direct from the search list ..

3. divinebovine

divinebovine Android Expert

To do it with the computer you may need this:
    SAMSUNG KIES