• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root moving game save data from one phone to another.

THE W

Android Expert
Mar 10, 2012
Detroit
i have final fantasy 3 and chaos rings save data on my old phone and i do not want to start over with these games.

in what directory would my save data be located on the Lg motion(my old phone)?

what would be the method of transfer?

EDIT: I realise what I'm asking is in the wrong section. Could a mod move this to the lg motion all things root forum?

copying the obb files over doesnt work. its not where the save file is stored.

here's what DID work. you dont need titanium backup but that may work easier, i dont know. i used romtoolbox for this. obviously you have to be rooted to even get to this file

the actual save data file is in data/data/com."app.name"/files

i archived the save file and moved it to the internal SDcard on my phone

in order to get the file off my phone onto my computer i emailed the file to myself and downloaded it onto my computer from there(it wouldnt give me the option to email the file until i moved it to my internal SDcard for whatever reason)

once the file was extracted on my computer, i put it in the android folder of the phone i was transferring the file to.

from there i moved the file to data/data/com."app.name"/files

done!

im sure there's a much easier way to do this but this is what worked for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones