• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help moving icons between different screens in application menu

how about the home menu?

u mean moving icons from one home screen to another? you dont need to go to edit for it.. just keep the icon pressed and you get the option to move it around or to another homescreen.. or drag the icon down to the red part of the screen to delete it.. just make sure u have a homescreen on the side that you are dragging the icon to..

Upvote 0
Is there any way to delete the contacts and messages icons from the home screen, the ones preinstalled on the phone. When i keep my finger on them to move or delete as you normally would they dont move like the others do. The plan is to delete them and replace them with handcent and mecontacts.

Thanks for your help.
You won't be able to delete those built-in apps, but you can replace the three icons by default at bottom with any other apps. From the home screen go to applications and select edit now press and hold the default icons they would be ready to move.

Upvote 0
Hi there,
Is there any other way to move the apps/icons other then "holding and dragging"? I have just done a massive uninstall of apps that I wasn't using and have found that I have some pages with only one app...!! Its going to be a nightmare if I have to manually move every app I still have on my phone.

Cheers

Upvote 0
after entering the edit option, keep the icon pressed so you can move it and then drag it to the extreme right/left edge and hold there for a second.. it will move to the next screen..

Thanks for that! I looked for the answer for an hour.

Edit, seems to be the one to try when nothing else seems to work.

I was unable to delete a folder that I created until I discovered that it could be done via Edit. You drag the folder to an X in the bottom right corner when in edit mode.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones