• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

moving into new LG K20

Doug Evans

Lurker
Mar 1, 2018
My credit union just obsoleted my old droid phone by requiring Android 5.
So here i am with a new K20 phone trying to get settled in.
First I'm having major problems getting the LG synced withe the droid.
Verizon's content transfer app is driving me crazy.
I have the app downloaded and installed on both phones bur getting them connected to each other is a nightmare.
One phone displays a QR code, but the other won't read the code... keeps getting errors.
Then I tap manual setup on both phones and one phone wants a four digit code from the other phone while the other phone playing with Wifi network names. Obviously the phones are out of sync and I have nowhere to go.
Last night, under the supervision of a Verizon rep, I activated my free cloud account, did a successful backup from the droid, and then a successful restore to the LG. But then all my contacts were screwed up and half of my text conversations were gone.
At least all my data is still untouched sand complete on my droid.
Now as for Android 7.0. Please remember I'm coming from Android 4.4.3 on my droid.
First: People today must sure like notifications... lots and lots and lots of notifications.
This LG has notifications coming at me left, right, up, down, and sometimes behind me.
I don't like all these notifications. I hate notifications. I go out of my way to kill the Notification Center on my Mac.
I want to kill ALL the notifications on this LG.
And, of course, the notifications panel in settings won't let me do this.
How do I kill all the notifications?
Second: (this is probably an LG addon) The status bar turns green when I'm on a call. White text on light green is one the WORST color combinations for readability.Further, a green button appears on my home page with a phone icon and call time. Press the button and you return to the call. This is redundant with the phone app button. I hate that too. How do I get rid of both of these?

Reactions: boogiemann

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones