• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moving jpeg to gallery

sargan

Apr 12, 2014
This seems so basic its embarrassing to ask ..... but spent ages getting nowhere

A jpeg image arrived by email ..... when I selected save image it has put it into 'downloads'
I can navigate to downloads and see it, and select it

The bottom of screen gives option to 'move' but it stays faded out .....is there an easy way to move it to 'gallery'
Would have thought I could have selected picture, then 'More' and move to ....... but apparently not

This seems so basic its embarrassing to ask ..... but spent ages getting nowhere

A jpeg image arrived by email ..... when I selected save image it has put it into 'downloads'
I can navigate to downloads and see it, and select it

The bottom of screen gives option to 'move' but it stays faded out .....is there an easy way to move it to 'gallery'
Would have thought I could have selected picture, then 'More' and move to ....... but apparently not

So both "move" and "copy" are both faded, or greyed out? Have you tried restarting the phone?

This is the stock file manager on my Samsung Note20 Ultra. And here I can move or copy .jpeg images from Download to any other folder I like.
Screenshot_20210929-171741_My Files.jpg

Upvote 0
That is what I expect to happen .. but as per picture it is ;'faded out'

Quite frankly the only thing I can think of that would cause that, is if the folder you're trying to move the picture to was read-only, and can't be written to. Maybe try another file manager app, that isn't the stock Samsung "My Files" one?

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones