1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Moving music library to SD card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lee33, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Lee33

Lee33 Newbie

How to I move my music to my SD card on my Note 4?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

Plug the N4 into your computer, use MS File Explorer to drag and drop the music files. Once connected to your computer the N4 works like any drive or USB stick.

3. Lee33

Lee33 Newbie

Thanks for the quick post, Podivin. I didn't know it made any difference or I would have mentioned it but I don't have MS File Exp. I'm using a Mac. Any other ideas?

I'm also just learning to use the Airdroid app I installed this morning. Can that app be used?

4. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

Sorry, I can't help you with Mac stuff. I've heard that DoubleTwist will do it, but I can't speak from experience.

5. mbrazil05

mbrazil05 Member

Is there a way to transfer music files quickly onto my SD card. I notice that when transfering music via usb its slow as molasses. Is there software out there that will allow music & pictures to transfer to/from the note 4 fast?

6. mbrazil05

mbrazil05 Member

I can't be the only person who notice this or have this problem. Oh come on... all im hearing is the sound of crickets

7. amarie82

amarie82 Android Expert

I'm not aware of a software to make it faster! I use 3rd party apps to download my music! Everything else is saved via gmail!

8. question729

question729 Android Enthusiast

I don't think there's a way to make it faster either. You're trying to write to a sd card, after all. What I usually do is plug the card into a reader hooked up to the computer, initiate transfer and go about my business for the rest of the day. :)

9. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Android Expert

The fastest way I know of to do bulk file transfers (like an entire music library) is to take the SD card out of the phone.

Before you remove it, create a folder called music in the file manager app (if you don't have one already), dismount the card, then remove it.

Put it into a USB micro SD reader, plug it into your PC or Mac, and transfer away.

With a PC it is as simple as drag and drop after that. If your PC has a USB 3.0 port it should be pretty quick. Not sure how it works with a mac.

The_Chief and KOLIO like this.
  10. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

Exactly!
    Used to do this w/nandroid ROM backups w/my previous phones & the transfer time was negligible,with card readers/adapters,or,plugged directly in to the computer.

As long as your computer can "see" the phones file system when plugged-in (or,using a wireless method),transferring shouldn't take any very long regardless of method.

11. mbrazil05

mbrazil05 Member

Ok sooo basically there is no quick fast way other than the normal way. It's just that I see all these software out there promising fast transfer but in the end, its not. Ok. won't worry about it anymore... moving on... oh and thanks

12. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

Gotta ask............

Exactly what kind of x-fer speeds were you looking for?

I can't imagine even a file the exact size of the largest available SD Card (128GB) would take much more than a minute to move.

13. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

I had all 6 Star Wars movies, in high definition, on my SD card in about 5 minutes. I can't imagine a collection of mp3s taking more than about 20 seconds. It's never taken me longer than that. So what sort of transfer speed does one really need?

:thinking:

14. mbrazil05

mbrazil05 Member

I don't need blazing fast but I need something faster. I transferred about 15gb of mp3 to my phone and it took about 30mins. I think that is slow.

15. Jagosaurus28

Jagosaurus28 Newbie

Could be your machine as well.

Also looks like the N4 only supports USB 2.0

Link: The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 looks and feels like a premium device (hands-on)

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews