• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moving music,pics and apps to sd card

daveo72

Apr 8, 2011
I have just bought a sd card for my Galaxy S. I have just moved my apps over from my phone memory to the card now all my pictures have disappeared :mad:. They don't seem to be on my phone or the sd card. It seems like they have been disappeared. Is there something I'm missing? Is there a file were they have moved to? Also before I do I wanted to check how to move the music to the sd card too without losing it. I've gone onto my music files and there doesn't seem an option to move the music that way so how would I move these safely. Don't really want to move the music over and lose it all. :thinking::thinking:

The easiest way is to connect the phone to your PC in mass storage mode and use Windows Explorer to copy and paste the respective folders over to your SD card. Once your satisfied that they have copied successfuly, you can then delete the original files from your phone.

To get your pictures to appear in the gallery, they need to be in a folder called "DCIM". If that folder doesn't exist on your SD card then just create one and move your pictures into it.

All the best.

Ray.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones