1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Moving music to SD card, can I delete from Internal Memory?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Android Question

None
    I recently moved all my music to the SD Card. Can I delete it from the internal memory? I'm afraid to do this for fear I will lose them all. I want to take the SD card out and try to delete them, but a little leary about doing that! Is is safe? And how do I make sure that all music gets downloaded to the SD Card. Now, when I download music, I have to copy it to the SD Card. Please help me! I have a Droid X2.

Advertisement

2. yappy56

yappy56 Lurker
    None

Aug 8, 2013
    I recently moved all my music to the SD Card. Can I delete it from the internal memory? I'm afraid to do this for fear I will lose them all. :thinking: I want to take the SD card out and try to delete them, but a little leary about doing that! Is is safe? And how do I make sure that all music gets downloaded to the SD Card. Now, when I download music, I have to copy it to the SD Card. Please help me! I have a Droid X2.

Sorry for the duplicate, I originally sent this as a guest, but now joined. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks:confused

3. Shrikant716

Shrikant716 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 21, 2012
    Male
    India
    here is the way to make sdcard memory as ur internal memory
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1229294

development can be found here for ur device
    http://androidforums.com/droid-x2-a...links-roms-sbfs-ota-updates-mods-scripts.html

yappy56 likes this.
  4. yappy56

yappy56 Lurker
    None

Aug 8, 2013
    Can you answer me one more question? I originally asked about taking out my SD card and deleting the songs that I copied from my internal to my SD. Can I do that safely and still have my music on the SD card?

5. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Project Manager
    Virginia
    Yes, you can delete the music from your internal storage. You will not lose it on your SD card. You can check your SD card on a PC before you delete if you want to make sure its still there.