• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moving music to SD card, can I delete from Internal Memory?

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

I recently moved all my music to the SD Card. Can I delete it from the internal memory? I'm afraid to do this for fear I will lose them all. I want to take the SD card out and try to delete them, but a little leary about doing that! Is is safe? And how do I make sure that all music gets downloaded to the SD Card. Now, when I download music, I have to copy it to the SD Card. Please help me! I have a Droid X2.

I recently moved all my music to the SD Card. Can I delete it from the internal memory? I'm afraid to do this for fear I will lose them all. :thinking: I want to take the SD card out and try to delete them, but a little leary about doing that! Is is safe? And how do I make sure that all music gets downloaded to the SD Card. Now, when I download music, I have to copy it to the SD Card. Please help me! I have a Droid X2.

Sorry for the duplicate, I originally sent this as a guest, but now joined. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks:confused

Upvote 0
I recently moved all my music to the SD Card. Can I delete it from the internal memory? I'm afraid to do this for fear I will lose them all. :thinking: I want to take the SD card out and try to delete them, but a little leary about doing that! Is is safe? And how do I make sure that all music gets downloaded to the SD Card. Now, when I download music, I have to copy it to the SD Card. Please help me! I have a Droid X2.

Sorry for the duplicate, I originally sent this as a guest, but now joined. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks:confused

here is the way to make sdcard memory as ur internal memory
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1229294

development can be found here for ur device
http://androidforums.com/droid-x2-a...links-roms-sbfs-ota-updates-mods-scripts.html

Reactions: yappy56
Upvote 0
Can you answer me one more question? I originally asked about taking out my SD card and deleting the songs that I copied from my internal to my SD. Can I do that safely and still have my music on the SD card?

Yes, you can delete the music from your internal storage. You will not lose it on your SD card. You can check your SD card on a PC before you delete if you want to make sure its still there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones