1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Moving music to SD card

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Lee33, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Lee33

Lee33 Newbie

Just got my Note 4 and want to move my music to my SD card but have no idea how to do that. Can anyone help?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Hi lee, welcome to Android Forums. :)

When you say you want to move your music to your SD card, do you mean from your PC or another phone? If it's from a PC to your phone, just plug in the Note to your PC using the USB cable and you should see the SD pop-up as a removable volume. Then it's just drag and drop.

If it's from your phone's internal memory to the SD card, then you could use a file manager app like Astro, but it would still probably be easier to do with will connected to a PC.

3. w7ox

w7ox Lurker

Another approach, usually giving a faster transfer, is to unmount the SD card, remove it and put it into the computer card reader (or an external USB card reader) -- need a carrier for micro-SD/SDHC/SDXC, or course.

I transfered about 50 GB of videos into my 64 GB micro-SDXC I use in my Galaxy Tab 4 yesterday. It took on the order of an hour. When I tried to do it by connecting the Tab 4 to the computer's USB port the estimated time was 5 hours.