• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moving On - Donating my phone to developer

TealDream

Sep 27, 2011
I haven't said much on here, but i've tried out most of the ROMS and had a great time experimenting with this phone! Kudos to all of you developers.

I just can't love the Triumph. You guys made it manageable and i appreciate that tremendously. I just found out about the T-Mobile no contract plan for $30 and since they take any phone, I snagged a Samsung Galaxy Nexus for $430 unlocked GSM and am jumping ship.

So, to any developer that wants/needs it, I will ship my Triumph to you for free. It has until mid-May until the pre-paid subscription expires. the only catch is that i lost my SD card. It will be shipped with b_randon's deodexed stock on it and minus an SD card. but, it's a free phone and free shipping.

send a PM if you want it.

Joe

Good luck with this! Make sure you look into their history to make sure they're actually a developer though! Don't want some random getting a free phone.

Yeah, I'm going to snag a Galaxy S2 and jump ship to TMobile also. I already have the prepaid SIM.

But my phone will most likely either be sold or go to my sister.

Upvote 0
I think the ideal guy to give it to is tickerguy ( assuming he is interested, of course). But about the time he signed off, he suggested if people would contribute towards a phone for him and pay the monthly plan payment, then he would continue deving for the phone.

I am pretty sure he can get the camera on this phone to work on CM9.

Just my 2 cents.

Upvote 0
I think the ideal guy to give it to is tickerguy ( assuming he is interested, of course). But about the time he signed off, he suggested if people would contribute towards a phone for him and pay the monthly plan payment, then he would continue deving for the phone.

I am pretty sure he can get the camera on this phone to work on CM9.

Just my 2 cents.

Yes my vote is tickerguy

Upvote 0
Tickerguy would be ideal assuming he still wants to Dev for the Triumph. I also thought about donating my phone to a developer once (if) I leave Virgin Mobile.

Maybe gannon5197? He does ROMs for the OV but think he wanted to Dev for the Triumph once he got this phone

I thought about leaving VM for Tmo but I'm gonna stick it out for a few months and see if the rumor of VM getting Wimax to go along with the Evo V comes to fruition and how much more it would be.

Upvote 0
To the OP, this is very generous of you! Great way to give back to the Triumph community, and I know I speak for everyone when I say a huge THANK YOU! Hopefully one of the devs will take you up, and if Tickerguy (or whomever else) does, I'll be happy to contribute to their monthly service. :thumbup:

I thought about leaving VM for Tmo but I'm gonna stick it out for a few months and see if the rumor of VM getting Wimax to go along with the Evo V comes to fruition and how much more it would be.

IMHO, I wouldn't put all of your eggs in the WiMax basket, so to speak. Sprint's future plans are solidly in LTE, and even if they open up WiMax to VM, how long will it be around? Clearwire seems to be on their last leg, and their contact with Sprint almost lapsed, as they couldn't agree on terms until the 11th hour. Even the new Nexus phone for Sprint is lacking WiMax support.

Upvote 0
To the OP, this is very generous of you! Great way to give back to the Triumph community, and I know I speak for everyone when I say a huge THANK YOU! Hopefully one of the devs will take you up, and if Tickerguy (or whomever else) does, I'll be happy to contribute to their monthly service. :thumbup:

IMHO, I wouldn't put all of your eggs in the WiMax basket, so to speak. Sprint's future plans are solidly in LTE, and even if they open up WiMax to VM, how long will it be around? Clearwire seems to be on their last leg, and their contact with Sprint almost lapsed, as they couldn't agree on terms until the 11th hour. Even the new Nexus phone for Sprint is lacking WiMax support.

They're contracted until 2015. Thats also the beauty of prepaid, I'm gonna wait and see how everything turns out and if I'm unhappy, I'll make the switch. I hear Las Vegas has good WiMax coverage so we'll see.

Upvote 0
no takers so far. any suggestions on posting somewhere else maybe to get a dev interested that hasn't developed for this phone yet? maybe all the ones here already have one so they don't need one.

Maybe get in contact with a member from the cyanogenmod team and see if any of them would be intersted in it for devving.

Upvote 0
Not to rush any guns here, but I'd gladly take it off your hands :)
I've always wanted to develop for the Triumph but have gotten stuck at some part because I haven't had the phone. I promise you you will be putting the phone in good hands. Lol.
Although this decision is entirely up to you. Love to see you doing this, btw. Glad to know we have some generous people still around these days.. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones