1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Moving On To Bigger & Better Phones

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jaay Dogg, May 21, 2012.

1. Jaay Dogg

Jaay Dogg Android Expert

It is my time to move on to a different android phone, Loved all my Triumph's (7) but gotta have a powerhouse phone. I'm still as always willing to help anybody if i can. I will follow the support for the things i've created for all of you until i can find a succesor. Anybody have any suggestion's on a new phone ? :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mobstergunz

Mobstergunz Android Expert

Htc Evo V 4G

PatrickD88 and guiitardude like this.
  3. Jaay Dogg

Jaay Dogg Android Expert

is that phone sim unlockable ? Wanna be on whatever network (carrier) i want. :thinking:

AndroidSureDo likes this.
  4. Mobstergunz

Mobstergunz Android Expert

TheBritton likes this.
  5. MRCMidnight

MRCMidnight Android Enthusiast

I am moving on the Xperia Play (GSM), I will still be here to support the board and I may still have my triumph with a sibling incase I need it.

6. JTAKER

JTAKER Well-Known Member

7. dsmryder

dsmryder Android Expert

there is no requirement to get the latest and greatest phone. just think of how more awesome the phones will be next year.

8. thebryceee

thebryceee Android Expert

It's a CDMA phone.

9. keisukehonda

keisukehonda Member

Get Samsung Galaxy Nexus unlocked from Google Play for $399

10. aurora40

aurora40 Android Enthusiast

I don't think you'll be able to get on Verizon, Sprint, and GSM carriers with the same phone. Some of the Verizon "world" phones, I've wondered if you can take them to ATT, but I think you would have voice only.

Best you can do in the US is get a pentaband phone, and then you can choose from ATT and TMo, and any MVNO's that use them.

I believe the main ones are the GNex, T-mobile's version of the S2, and the HTC Amaze 4G. The problem with the TMo ones is they are ~$550 new off-contract. The GNex presumably just has less markup (Amazon Wireless shows the VZW GNex at $650 off-contract, Sprint at $590).

With a CDMA phone, you pretty much buy a Sprint one or a Verizon one. There are MVNO's for both, which may or may not be easy to port the phone to (Page Plus Cellular on VZW is easy, porting a Sprint phone to VM or Boost, not so easy). As far as I know, you can't get the same device to work on both.

11. markzombie82

markzombie82 Android Enthusiast

I said it before ill say it again the longer the wait the greater the spoils

12. gary93

gary93 Well-Known Member

I'm happy with the triumph running CM7 since winter. May be going wait til Cyber Monday to get the Evo v. But the Samsung galaxy nexus international unlock for $399 straight from google? That's a great deal. I'm an international student, having a great international phone is a +, also it's only cost about $100 to get an high end phone, why not? If the Galaxy Nexus will drop price to $299 than definitely go for it.

13. i2c

i2c Member

That won't work on VM will it?

14. MRCMidnight

MRCMidnight Android Enthusiast

It will not work as the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Unlocked) is a GSM phone (However there is a Verizon CDMA Galaxy Nexus phone but Google Play is not selling those). VMUSA only uses CDMA phones and shares the phone network of Sprint.

15. jmatherly411

jmatherly411 Android Enthusiast

The Triumph's lack of support by Motorola and seeing that it is officially staying on Android 2.2 was the deal breaker for me. It annoys me that Motorola released a phone and abandoned it (i'll never buy another Motorola product again), I am giving my Triumph to my dad as he uses the LG Optimus V still. The Triumph will be a powerhouse for him as he just watches netflix via wifi and talks on the phone (he will be able to enjoy a bigger screen). I'm moving on to the HTC Evo V 4G

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews