1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Moving Opera Speed Dial

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by km2002, Oct 24, 2014.

1. km2002

km2002 Well-Known Member

Had to get a new phone and a new provider for a number of reasons. Does anyone know how to move Opera's Speed Dial entries between devices? Thanks, all.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. johnny_w

johnny_w Well-Known Member

3. km2002

km2002 Well-Known Member

Actually, I hadn't. When I first searched for a process on line, I saw too many posts indicating Opera Link was a thing of the past.

4. johnny_w

johnny_w Well-Known Member

To be honest, I have no idea. I don't even use Opera. I just did a quick search and it came right up. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes. That way this thread might assist the next person with this issue.
    Good luck!

5. km2002

km2002 Well-Known Member

So here's what happened when I tried Opera Link. I got a warning message that Link wasn't compatible with versions of Opera past 14. Well, my PC version is 20 and my phone version is 24. God knows when they'll catch up to themselves. There was a convoluted method I saw somewhere involving downloading version 12 to your phone; but I don't think that'll get past a PC version past 14, considering I got the same error message in both places. So I hope someone out there has an alternative method for porting your speed dial from one phone to another.

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Well you can use something like Helium app to backup Opera on your old phone, and transfer the backup file to a new phone. I've tried this before with a different app (Subway Surfers) and it worked.

7. km2002

km2002 Well-Known Member

If I could figure out why it appears I have GBs of space available but no room to download a 4MB app, I'd try it. That's a slight digression, of course; but if I could figure out the storage space, I'd actually give this a try. Thanks for the idea.