• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moving photos to thumb drive?

If you don't want the intermediate step of connecting to a PC or copying them to the cloud, the easiest way would be to get an OTG (on the go) adapter and plug your thumb drive directly in to the phone. I would be careful with storing your photos ONLY on your phone and/or removable media. You could easily lose them.

Upvote 0
If you don't want the intermediate step of connecting to a PC or copying them to the cloud, the easiest way would be to get an OTG (on the go) adapter and plug your thumb drive directly in to the phone. I would be careful with storing your photos ONLY on your phone and/or removable media. You could easily lose them.

Well, thanks for your reply.

I think I'm getting it. Using your link, I piggybacked directly to thumb drives with OTG micro usb connectors. Not sure I see the need for the cable thing, although I suppose that if you have multiple thumb drives that do not have the micro usb connector...and I do...it would make them viable storage for the phone as well. .

So the next question is: Do I need some sort of file manager app for my Samsung?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones