• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help moving to a new SD Card with my HTC Desire HD

Hi gang,

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but I was not entirely sure what would be involved. I would like to get a bigger SD card for my HTC, the one I have is 8gb and it seems as though some apps and things etc run from the the card, to the degree that it seems as though a lot of system stuff is on my SD card rather than internal, the HD comes with a rubbish internal memory. So how simple is it to migrate to a new card? Is it just a case of the obvious drag and drop or will there be hard ware or card recognise errors? just so I'm sure

thanks

Pro

I just moved to a different card a week ago. I just copied and pasted everything from one card to the other and I have only seen one problem. I had downloaded two notification sounds from zedge and had them assigned to my text messages and emails. when i switched the cards, somehow those two notification sounds got changed to songs that i had on my sd card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones