1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support moving to a new SD Card with my HTC Desire HD

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DCUltrapro, May 6, 2011.

1. DCUltrapro

DCUltrapro Well-Known Member
    None

Hi gang,

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but I was not entirely sure what would be involved. I would like to get a bigger SD card for my HTC, the one I have is 8gb and it seems as though some apps and things etc run from the the card, to the degree that it seems as though a lot of system stuff is on my SD card rather than internal, the HD comes with a rubbish internal memory. So how simple is it to migrate to a new card? Is it just a case of the obvious drag and drop or will there be hard ware or card recognise errors? just so I'm sure

thanks

Pro

Advertisement

2. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    It's just a matter of copying. Be aware that there can be hidden files/folders on your existing card. I'm not entirely sure about apps moved to SD though.

3. Usta

Usta Android Expert
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    The Netherlands
    If you have just one partition on the old card (FAT32), then a safer way is to first move the apps from SD card to internal storage, then copy all files (including hidden) from the old card to PC and from PC to the new card.

4. landovr

landovr Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Firefighter
    Alberta Canada
    I just moved to a different card a week ago. I just copied and pasted everything from one card to the other and I have only seen one problem. I had downloaded two notification sounds from zedge and had them assigned to my text messages and emails. when i switched the cards, somehow those two notification sounds got changed to songs that i had on my sd card.