• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moving to America with my trusty DHD

Omar Days

Android Expert
May 19, 2011
Ok, so I'm moving to America in a few weeks. West Palm Beach to be exact, and I was just wondering if any American users here could tell me if the networks out there do sim only contracts like they do here in the UK?

Been looking on Google and can only find pre paid sim cards.

Also, regarding mobile internet/3g, if I do put an American sim card in my DHD is it a case of just finding out and entering the APN settings or will it be a bit more complicated because my phone's from the UK? It's branded and the contract was originally taken out with Vodafone but I can put any sim card in it and it works.

Oh and anyone from West Palm? What's the best network for coverage etc?

Sorry for all the questions. I just don't want to have a smart phone with out all the smart capabilities of it for too long and as we all probably are, I'm addicted to my phone lol.

Thanks in advance if anyone can answer any of the questions!

Yeah as u say if it accepts any uk sim then the american ones will work fine

you would just stick the sim in and get the apn and message settings etc

I would just contact the network you get over there and tell them your situation and ask them about sim only contracts and see what they say

at least then your prepared for going over :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones