• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moving to Kansas...but scared

Im so scared of fkying im at Tampa International Airport and literally saw a 747 airplane outside the window leaving me to freak out cause its my first time flying

Aww shit.. I'm about an hr & half away from Tampa. We could've hung out or something. Don't stress flying, more ppl get bitten by sharks and have car crashes than planes have any problems.. US is pretty strict on maintenance unlike some other countries. Real advise? Get a charms blowpop or Tootsie Pop and suck on it while taking off, then hold your nose and push air into your ears to equalize the pressure once you're at cruising altitude to be comfortable.. the rest is easy.

Upvote 0
Kansas.:thinking:
dorothy1.JPG

Upvote 0
Hopefully it will all be over by the time you read this.

I sympathise: it took me a lot of time to get used to it, and I do it a lot with my job. And if I hadn't had to do it, and hence had to get used to it, I suspect I would still find it difficult.

I think that different things work for different people. Personally I didn't find safety statistics calmed me, though others do - I knew the odds were massively on my side, but this wasn't a wholly rational thing. I personally spent a lot of time analysing what was going on, understanding what all the little (and not so little) sounds meant, watching how the crew worked and interacted with passengers, how other passengers were reacting to everything - in other words, both detaching myself a little by treating it as a system to analyse and familiarising myself with it at the same time.

Upvote 0
Seriously, I think you'll like Kansas. People are upbeat and positive and basically a friendly sort. We enjoy all four seasons though spring and fall seem too short for many. It's a clean state with good highways. A short drive can take you from metropolis to farms. You will enjoy our low cost of living and job opportunities. It is a constitutional carry state with a low crime rate. All in all it's a fine place to live, work, and raise a family. It's sort of a long drive to the beech but sink holes are quite scarce. :)

Upvote 0
Seriously, I think you'll like Kansas. People are upbeat and positive and basically a friendly sort. We enjoy all four seasons though spring and fall seem too short for many. It's a clean state with good highways. A short drive can take you from metropolis to farms. You will enjoy our low cost of living and job opportunities. It is a constitutional carry state with a low crime rate. All in all it's a fine place to live, work, and raise a family. It's sort of a long drive to the beech but sink holes are quite scarce. :)
I love the weather here, florida was too hot and too much curruption that florida is just a horrible state

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones