• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root moving zip files to sd card

i have a CyanogenMod nightlie i need to install on my phone. I downloaded it I and found it in ASTRO manager but i dont know how to move it to my sd card so it shows up in recovery mode. moto droid.. if someone could tell me how to move the zip files to my sd card that'd be great.

You can use Astro to "copy" and "move" the file if you look through the options when you see the file in Astro.

I don't use Astro now, I use another program so I cannot tell you exactly where and when to push what button to see those options, but you can select the file and it will highlight, then copy, then move...navigate in Astro to you first SD card directory and "paste" it there. It should appear there.

If you strike out that way, obtain the same file on your computer instead, then plug in your phone to the computer and mount the SD card, and just move the file into your SD card that way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones