• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SamsungVibrant

Android Expert
Jul 23, 2010
The mobile version of Mozilla Firefox named Mozilla Fennec is here, well sorta. The Alpha test version is out. If you want to install it and give it a try, open your phones web browser and go to the following link:
Mozilla.com | Mobile
Really easy to install.

Since this is the Alpha version, most likely has bugs. Sure enough, it seems buggy on my phone, slow, and randomly exits.

Surely it will improve with later releases!

Ya It appears not to launch, you just have to give it like 20 seconds, the black screen goes away and the browser pops up. It is stupid though, it self exits a lot.

Same thing happening to me. Running Android 2.1 on HTC Legend. As it is, its 11MB, when I install it and open it. It shows a blank black screen and then closes for some reason and then goes back to my home screen. Is it a bug or is it my phone?

Also, when I go to my task manager program, I don't see the app/program running. Any thoughts on this?

So should I wait for 20 seconds or more to see if it actually runs?

Upvote 0
Same thing happening to me. Running Android 2.1 on HTC Legend. As it is, its 11MB, when I install it and open it. It shows a blank black screen and then closes for some reason and then goes back to my home screen. Is it a bug or is it my phone?

Also, when I go to my task manager program, I don't see the app/program running. Any thoughts on this?

So should I wait for 20 seconds or more to see if it actually runs?

its not your phone, its fennec. I've not been able to use it that succesfuly, it keeps exiting/closing and going to my home screen.

Upvote 0
The mobile version of Mozilla Firefox named Mozilla Fennec is here, well sorta. The Alpha test version is out. If you want to install it and give it a try, open your phones web browser and go to the following link:
Mozilla.com | Mobile
Really easy to install.

Since this is the Alpha version, most likely has bugs. Sure enough, it seems buggy on my phone, slow, and randomly exits.

Surely it will improve with later releases!

Tried it already. Pretty much wouldnt do anything at all. Deleted it and will wait for at least the beta version. Or maybe just wait till it is ready. I like Skyfire and Opera browsers for now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones