• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Mozzila OS, is it compatible?

Hey man. I haven't had time to work on it. I've had some web dev. work keeping me very busy. The last tinkering I did was on GP's CM7, I haven't looked at AOSP for a long time.

How is his CM7 going? Apparently he's the only one who got CM to boot. Idr if it was CM7 or CM9 tho lol. It'd be nice if he'd release it to us or something so others like Rukin or Julian could try and get it working.

Upvote 0
How is his CM7 going? Apparently he's the only one who got CM to boot. Idr if it was CM7 or CM9 tho lol. It'd be nice if he'd release it to us or something so others like Rukin or Julian could try and get it working.

IIRC, GP had both CM9 and CM7 booting, but fewer things were working on CM9 and it ran sluggishly. I only did builds from his CM7 files. Last I checked, there was some post-build hackery required to get the wifi/bluetooth working and DHCP didn't work, so static ip, etc. was required. Data wasn't working and the phone thinks it's on Sprint and roaming all the time.

Most of his code is available to the public on Google Project hosting. I don't think his latest modifications were posted there or they just weren't logged, but the CM7 should boot. If it doesn't, then you may just need to manually pack the boot.img or build the boot.img on it's own (separate from the full build). There was some problem with the way the Boot.img gets packed when doing a full build, but IIRC, building the boot.img separately works fine.

Google Project Hosting
vm696-cm7 - cm7 port - Google Project Hosting
vm696-cm9 - rom - Google Project Hosting

Reactions: Artine
Upvote 0
Maybe the whole roaming issue has to do with the PRL? Was the CM's (7 and 9) that GP made, built from scratch? Or based from another phone? I've seen before as those could be issues sometimes. Another could be how the ramdisk and radio are configured and maybe not compatible with CM? Has anyone tried making them for ZV4?

Upvote 0
Maybe the whole roaming issue has to do with the PRL? Was the CM's (7 and 9) that GP made, built from scratch? Or based from another phone? I've seen before as those could be issues sometimes. Another could be how the ramdisk and radio are configured and maybe not compatible with CM? Has anyone tried making them for ZV4?

PRL shouldn't matter.

They were built from scratch.

I believe CM7 really only had built-in support for one CDMA phone and it wasn't an LG/VM phone. I don't think we ever figured out exactly what needs to be changed/added to the source.

I don't think anybody tried building specifically with ZV4 files, I don't think it would make a difference.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones