1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Mp3 files

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kevin Brister, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Kevin Brister

Kevin Brister Newbie
    None

Sep 10, 2017
    Hey guys Kevin here, I'm a new member to this forum I've got a question, I have been doing some research on why my music file works great on my phone but when I transfer my files to my media player on my pc it goes straight to a zip file that my pc cannot open. I downloaded the WINZIP INTERNATIONAL app on my pc and it says that my files are corrupted! Ok, I researched and found the Id3fixer app on my phone. Doing that will that actually fix my files long enough to transfer my files? Or how does that app really work?

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    How exactly are you transferring the music files? What app? WiFi or USB connection?

3. Kevin Brister

Kevin Brister Newbie
    None

Sep 10, 2017
    On my phone I have the verizon cloud. My pc is microsoft. I've tried every way I could think of but I'm electronically literate! I've tried sharing my files thru email, downloaded to my player then sending to my pc, I already have a large file in my pc media player and this one set of files is all I have left to transfer, its approx 605 songs adding to an already approx 8000 song list on my pc

4. Kevin Brister

Kevin Brister Newbie
    None

Sep 10, 2017
    Usb to answer your question

5. Kevin Brister

Kevin Brister Newbie
    None

Sep 10, 2017
    I've also tried transfering by downloading the verizon cloud on my pc which automatically showed my pics, documents and music files. When I attempted to transfer that way it ask me to name my file and it gave me a choice to do a zip file or to do all files. I chose all files bcs my pc wont open zip files. I talked with a verizon help center and he said that I needed to download the WINZIP app. Ok, I found and downloaded the closest thing WINZIP INTERNATIONAL app. It said that my files were corrupt and could'nt read it. Pissed me smooth off!!! So I did some more research and foud the Id3fixer app on my phone. Which now my curriosity has led me to this forum hoping to get some answers to my problem.

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Possibly a clue? Where did the music originally come from, Verizon's music service? Are you sure they're MP3 and not some Verizon music streaming service and they're locked with some sort of proprietary Verizon only DRM?

FWIW I'm in China myself, I can download all the MP3s I like with my phone, and copy them straight to my Macbook no problem.

7. Kevin Brister

Kevin Brister Newbie
    None

Sep 10, 2017
    This whole thing, trying to figure out how to transfer music files to my pc has become an extremly big headache for me and others that share the same household as I. Basically its been a month long nightmare! All I wanna do is get my music files in one place so I can clean all my devices phone, pc, tablet etc.....! This electronic age is to far advanced for me, wish these developers would make it simple for the illiterate!!!!!!!

8. Kevin Brister

Kevin Brister Newbie
    None

Sep 10, 2017
    The phone I have now is my 4th in the last 7 years. Most of my downloads came from my 1st, the rest came from the 2nd. Which actually seperated in to 2 different files one was sd card the other was internal, the sd file transfered smoothly, I even tried clearing transfering the internal to sd. On both phones Im not exactly sure the source of where the files came from but both were apps that I found in the play store!

9. Kevin Brister

Kevin Brister Newbie
    None

Sep 10, 2017
    I have a microsoft windows 10 desk top pc. Is there a FREE music app out there that I can download so I dont have this problem again? If so, I can do that and find all over again these songs and transfer to my media player

10. Kevin Brister

Kevin Brister Newbie
    None

Sep 10, 2017
    What my intentions are is to put all music in one place so I can put it all on a memory stick to take anywhere! Such as my laptop or to a party or something! Is that possible?

11. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    What I don't undestand is why the music files are even going to a compressed zip, that apparently Windows can't open.

You're using USB with MTP, and presumably you're using Windows File Explorer and nothing else?

12. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    If you're using the Verizon Cloud, you're not using USB even though you may have the phone plugged into your PC.

Google does the same thing ... if you select multiple files from the cloud it will send them as a single zip file. If you want to transfer individual files, you need to do them one at a time.

The K8 was released with Android 6.0 which, I believe, will default to charge-only mode when you plug it in.

Try this .... plug in your phone using a good quality USB cable. Then look in your notification bar at the top (of the phone) for the USB symbol. Pull down the notifications and select USB options. Select Media Transfer (MTP mode).

You should see the phone disappear from your PC for a second or two and then pop up again, this time with full access to all your user files. If you can find your music files, you should be able to copy them to your PC or wherever you want to keep them.

Hadron and mikedt like this.
  13. Kevin Brister

Kevin Brister Newbie
    None

Sep 10, 2017
    Yes I did have to change the options for usb, but that does make better sense to send 1 or a few at a time. I was trying to send the whole file at once. I will try that. Thanks for your input!

14. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    I'm not sure I made it clear that you don't want to be using Verizon cloud to transfer your files. Just use windows.

15. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    Install a file explorer on your phone, then use Windows explorer on your PC to drag and drop the mp3 files to your phone, flash device, or whatever

16. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Enthusiast

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    That may have been your problem, all along, Kevin. Seems that the file, itself, could be your problem.
    Open the file and transfer them, in batches, until you've transferred them all.

17. Kevin Brister

Kevin Brister Newbie
    None

Sep 10, 2017
    Yes thank you sir, I spent approx 3 hrs sunday afternoon transfering in batches, although I was able to get it from cloud to my pc and share it to my media player library, I still have to go in and re edit a few of the files. That I will be workimg on today. Thank you for helping me determine the route of my month long headache, that was one major task out of the way. Thanks again!

Hadron and PitCarver like this.