1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

MP3 Issues to SD card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jla781, Nov 4, 2014.

1. jla781

jla781 Newbie

Hi All!

I have had my Note 4 for about 2 weeks now. Upgraded from a S III. I have found an interesting conundrum. When I copy audio files to my phone's internal storage they work without issue. However, when I copy these MP3 files to the SD card on my phone they are not recognized. It doesn't matter how they get to my SD card

Transferred via Cable - No effect
    Transferred using SD Card Adapter - No effect
    Have files on phone memory already (Yes) but when moved to SD card -No effect.

I have a 32 gig SD card in my phone. Only Audio Files seem to be affected by this. I've done searches. I don't have Twitter installed. I have run SD Scanner, force stopped Music Player, Downloaded other music players etc...no effect. I've done some searching....Does anyone have any ideas?

2. question729

question729 Android Enthusiast

Anyone have success with mp3s on their sd card? This would be a deal breaker.

3. Fourskim

Fourskim Newbie

What music player do you guys use? I have a bunch of mp3's on my external sd and have no issues playing them with the stock music player.

question729 likes this.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

As they're playing from internal storage OK, a counterfeit SD card is a possible cause, there's a lot of them around, where did you buy it? A common symptom of a fake SD is that MP3s appear to copy over but they won't play.

5. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

I've experienced no problems with either the stock music player or Poweramp (my preferred choice).

question729 likes this.
  6. lowboydrvr

lowboydrvr Member

I also have not experienced any issues with playing music from my SD card (that is where all of my music is stored). I've used multiple apps (Play Music, stock player, Equalizer +, doubleTwist) and haven't run into any issues yet.

question729 likes this.
  7. JimKnuckles

JimKnuckles Android Enthusiast

I have over 1000 mp3's on my SD...no problems here

question729 likes this.
  8. question729

question729 Android Enthusiast

I use Poweramp, but I do not yet have a Note 4. I was just making sure this particular function worked in case I decide to pick it up. Taking me a while to pull the trigger since I have to buy it full price to keep my udp. Thanks!

9. JimKnuckles

JimKnuckles Android Enthusiast

I use Google Play Music

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews